Sunday, January 10, 2010

Flow, river. Flow...

I'm starting to find a new workflow on this machine. It's *NOT* ideal. But... it works.

And I'm at the point where that's good enough. For now.

I had intended to sit down and get some ideas down for a tune I started writing last night. (and by 'last night' I do mean Friday night now. EEEK!) However, as creativity sometimes goes, I started writing something almost *completely* different. I just got this riff in my fingers and was like, "MUST. DO. SOMETHING."

That was at about 4 or 5pm today... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I'm grooving on it. I'm flowing with it. It's not caught me like 'trains' did. But... that's okay. I keep wanting to experience that tsunami of creativity that hit me those four days - when 'trains' went from a mere thought to a completed 'demo'.

Nothing is ever the same.

There's technical issues. I *may* clean up some of the sloppy guitar work. I may not. I may re-record some of the parts. I may not. I don't know these days. I may just nudge them into something a little less displeasing to my ear.

I only have so much of my perfectionism I can allow to run amok.

The funny thing is that I'm just kinda... letting it go. The riff I started off with is the primary "verse" riff - that really bluesy thing. After that I think I came up with the chorus next and then the sorta prechorus. I still want to develop that bridge...

But yeah, it's not in the sonic world I started thinking of initially. But... well frankly I just don't care too much. It will be what it will be.

And I know it will be an angry tune. LOL. Expect some rather... graphic metaphors.


P.S. I'm still in the DADGAE tuning!

No comments: